I was trying to access PHPmyadmin via my cPanel earlier for one of my web design projects, and came across the following error: #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server. I was baffled. It turns out the solution was actually really simple, and all I did was the following:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Under Preferences, click Change Password.
- Type in your old password, and enter a new password (I had to enter a series of letters and numbers, so as not to make a dictionary word).
- Make sure Allow MySQL password change is selected.
- Click Make Password Change Now!.
After following the steps above you should now be able to log in to your PHPmyadmin via cPanel! I hope this helps someone out.